1st January 2022
Please be assured, the safety of our customers and staff is our highest priority and whilst we aim for your visit with us to be as ‘normal’ as possible, additional hygiene and safety measures, in line with Government guidelines, have been put in place, for everyone’s peace of mind.
- Tables remain socially distanced with inside and outside dining options.
- We will continue to operate with our 'Cow at Tapnell Farm App' for ordering and paying for food/drinks.
- Advance bookings online for seating inside the restaurant (limited capacity)
- Face masks/coverings are no longer required but if customers feel more comfortable wearing them when moving around the restaurant/using the toilet facilities, we support this.
- All guests are required to complete a health questionnaire in advance of their arrival
- check-in has been delayed and check out brought forward to allow extra time for thorough deep cleaning between guests
- check-in is from 5 pm but as soon as accommodation is available, we will call or text the guest to advise of this, to enable them to access sooner, where possible. Check-out from 09:30am.
- we operate a self-check-in service
- latest government restrictions apply per unit of accommodation booked. If unsure, please check: https://www.gov.uk/government/...
- We will continue to operate at a slightly reduced capacity and will continue to offer morning and afternoon sessions limited to 2 x three-hour sessions per day which still allows for additional cleaning between sessions.
- Face coverings/masks are legally required within our retail areas such as the Admissions Entrance/Farm Park shop and The Farm Shop (opposite The Cow)
- Face coverings are now required for all indoor areas including admissions, shop, toilets, soft play zone and cafe to help keep customers and staff safe.
- soft play zone - slightly reduced capacity. We have re-introduced more tot's play.
- hand sanitising stations in place
- booking online only - The Farm Park remains cashless
- Hands-on animal activities are restricted and replaced with animal barn time where keepers give the animals something fun to do and answer questions about the animals.
- Currently closed, re-opens in April
- booking online only
- Face coverings/masks are no longer legally required, however, we support any customers or staff who still feel more comfortable wearing them in enclosed/high footfall areas.
- There is a remote possibility that the Covid-19 virus may be present in the open water environment in which we operate, and within the operating areas of the park where customers are present. It is expected that any traces of the virus would be incredibly diluted in open water but a risk nevertheless remains in existence. Customers are expected to work with the Aqua Park to help reduce the risk of transmission where possible.
- All bookings must be made online in advance
- Led by experienced, trained staff ensuring quality distanced coaching
- Extra time allocated for cleaning equipment between each session
- Hand sanitising stations in place
- Due to the nature of Archery and Axe throwing there is always an element of risk. Participants will be asked to leave if they show any dangerous behaviour on the range, pose a danger to themselves or others and are disruptive towards other participants. If you are suspected to have consumed alcohol or drugs, you will not be allowed on the session and no refund will be issued.
- All bookings must be made online in advance.
- Footballs wiped clean after every session
- Hand sanitiser stations
Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell.
We ask our customers and guests to please support us by keeping within government guidelines when you visit. If you are unsure, please check: https://www.gov.uk/government/...